Posted on 2021-02-23, by nokia241186.
2021 | ISBN: 0231198256, 0231198248 | English | 248 pages | EPUB | 27 MB
Since Gutenberg's time, every aspect of print has gradually changed. But the advent of computational media has exponentially increased the pace, transforming how books are composed, designed, edited, typeset, distributed, sold, and read. N. Katherine Hayles traces the emergence of what she identifies as the postprint condition, exploring how the interweaving of print and digital technologies has changed not only books but also language, authorship, and what it means to be human.
Hayles considers the ways in which print has been enmeshed in literate societies and how these are changing as some of the cognitive tasks once performed exclusively by humans are now carried out by computational media. Interpretations and meaning-making practices circulate through transindividual collectivities created by interconnections between humans and computational media, which Hayles calls cognitive assemblages. Her theoretical framework conceptualizes innovations in print technology as redistributions of cognitive capabilities between humans and machines. Humanity is becoming computational, just as computational systems are edging toward processes once thought of as distinctively human. Books in all their diversity are also in the process of becoming computational, representing a crucial site of ongoing cognitive transformations.
Hayles details the consequences for the humanities through interviews with scholars and university press professionals and considers the cultural implications in readings of two novels, The Silent History and The Word Exchange, that explore the postprint condition. Spanning fields including book studies, cultural theory, and media archeology, Postprint is a strikingly original consideration of the role of computational media in the ongoing evolution of humanity.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46641
- 2019-07-15_ (A-Z Books) - Why You Should Read Man Alive: A True Story of Violence, Forgiveness and Becoming a Man by Thomas Page McBee Online or Download [@PDF @EPUB @MOBI]
- 2012-01-12Fuzzy Automata and Languages: Theory and Applications (Computational Mathematics) - John N. Mordeson
- 2011-12-28The Possessed: Adventures with Russian Books and the People Who Read Them
- 2011-12-06The Possessed: Adventures with Russian Books and the People Who Read Them
- 2011-11-17Fuzzy Automata and Languages: Theory and Applications (Computational Mathematics) free ebook download
- 2021-02-26Saga Boy: My Life of Blackness and Becoming
- 2021-02-26Quick Guide for Creating Wordpress Online Store and Online Magazine, Creating EPUB E books, and Overview of Some Internet Fax...
- 2021-02-14Comparative Gene Finding: Models, Algorithms and Implementation (Computational Biology Ed 2
- 2021-02-10Saga Boy: My Life of Blackness and Becoming [Audiobook]
- 2021-02-08Saga Boy: My Life of Blackness and Becoming
- 2021-02-08Quick Guide for Creating Wordpress Online Store and Online Magazine, Creating EPUB E books, and Overview of Some Internet Fax...
- 2021-01-21Saga Boy My Life of Blackness and Becoming
- 2021-01-12Quick Guide for Creating Wordpress Online Store and Online Magazine, Creating EPUB E books, and Overview of Some Internet Fax...
- 2020-12-16The Possessed Adventures with Russian Books and the People Who Read Them
- 2020-12-15Automated Reasoning for Systems Biology and Medicine (Computational Biology
- 2020-11-25Magical Realist Sociologies of Belonging and Becoming - The Explorer
- 2020-11-22Handbook of Parenting: Volume 3: Being and Becoming a Parent, 3rd Edition
- 2020-11-22Magical Realist Sociologies of Belonging and Becoming: The Explorer
- 2020-08-13The Mother Of All Three-Book Bundle: The Mother of All Pregnancy Books, The Mother of All Baby Books, and The Mother of All Toddler Books
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.